The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has made available its Grand Central Terminal tourist app because it is needed.
Here is what they have to say:
This 4th of July, travelers coming into, and leaving out of New York City’s largest transit hub, and one of its most visited travel and tourist destinations—Grand Central Terminal—will have access to the iconic landmark at their fingertips with MTA Metro-North Railroad’s new official app for Grand Central Terminal.
With over 8,000 downloads to date and ranking in the top 100 apps for travel, the Grand Central app, available in both Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.canvas.gct) and iPhone (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-central-terminal/id637639045?ls=1&mt=8) marketplaces, is the only place to find the definitive guide to Grand Central’s retail and dining destinations, history and more.
The app will allow travelers and visitors to:
• Get personalized, up-to-the minute Metro-North train status & schedule info.
• Explore the map and find places to eat, shop, have a cocktail, grab a snack, run an errand, and more.
• Check out the “Insider Tips” available only through the app.
• Explore 100 years of history of the Terminal using the interactive timeline.
• Discover the secrets and hidden gems of this New York City landmark.