STRATFORD — A father and son were treated by paramedics Monday morning after a fire broke out at 362 Soundview Avenue home.
Both men were asleep when the fire started. The son smelled smoke when he woke up, then went downstairs to wake up his father. The men tried to get out of the front of the house and the back of the house, but could not, so they exited through a side window.
Stratford Fire Department Asst. Chief Brian Lampart said that four pets died in the fire, one dog and three cats. Two other pets survived, Lampart said.
Firefighters said the blaze began when an oxygen tank exploded in one of the bedrooms after a television shorted out.
Here’s a video from the scene:
Read more here: