Connecticut Postings

Connecticut Post newsroom blog

Shouldn’t Tito Ayala – Christina’s dad – know where his daughter lives?

So it emerged last week that Christina Ayala, who was elected state representative in November, may not actually live in her district, which is a problem.

Ayala when she registered with the State Elections Enforcement Commission claimed she lives at 604 Noble Ave, in the 128th House District. And according to the city, that’s where she’s registered to vote. (Mom, by the way, is the Democratic Registrar of Voters).

But it increasingly appears she actually lives at 49 Hillside Ave, the site of the domestic disturbance that resulted in last week’s arrest of Ayala and her boyfriend. That is the address Ayala provided the court when she sought a restraining order. And it’s in the 129th House District.

Ayala has not been returning our calls, so I figured I’d reach out to her dad, Tito, also of Bridgeport and a Democratic official in the 128th District. He and his daughter are close.

Tito said I had caught him at a bad time and he could not talk.

Couldn’t he quickly tell me whether or not Ayala lives on Noble Avenue?

“I don’t visit my daughter,” Tito said. “I work seven days a week.”

Under state law Christina – if in fact she does not live in her district – has until she is sworn in Jan. 9 to move there.

Brian Lockhart

1. Jon says:

Hey Finch clean up your city! You think you’re going to Hartford? GOOD LUCK!

2. Julie says:

And is there a good ayala in the City…..just look at the loser Anderson Ayala who was a councilman for how long and was kicked off and then back on and he never lived in his district….ever. Talk about loser? Show me one good Ayala in the City of Bridgeport…wasn’t it the Ayala family years ago that was involved with the drug distribution ring in Bridgeport….Tito I think.

3. Lola says:

It only goes to show that the voters in Bridgeport don’t even know
    where their own representatives live. Or maybe it’s because they’re so indoctrinated they automatically choose whomever they’re told to. The fourth dirtiest city in the country. I think they’re talking about city hall.

4. Wondering says:

I’m surprised that it has not been mentioned that she also works for ABCD, the Head Start Child Care Agency in the city as a site manager. Wouldn’t her employer know where she lives?

5. Wondering says:

6. bambid says:

The apple didn’t fall far from the tree. What a family. Some class act. Is this what the voters elected? How many times did her mother get is wrong at election time? No wonder they call Bridgeport the armpit of Conn.

7. Santa Clause says:

Why don’t you ask her mother, Santa, the Registrar of Voters where she lives?

8. Prudence DoGood says:

RESIGN!

9. fred says:

The electorate gets what they deserve. Dishonest officials.

10. Ruby says:

The Ayalas lie, and lie and LIE!
    Even her father covers up for her.

11. lck says:

This story gets better all the time, when are Democratic officials going to step in to clear up this mess.