Connecticut Postings

Connecticut Post newsroom blog

Oxford death due to CO toxicity; manner still undetermined

|

By Anne M. Amato

 

OXFORD — An autopsy has determined that Curtiss R. Raymond died from carbon monoxide toxicity, according to a spokeswoman at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

The manner of death was deemed “undetermined,” she added. That means it’s still unclear if the death was accidental or a suicide.

Raymond, 60, who was house-sitting for his brother in a Silano Drive home, was found dead on a couch Monday about 1 p.m. after he failed to show up for work.

Three dogs, his brother Garrett Raymond’s pets, were also found dead. High levels of CO were found inside the house, which is heated with propane forced air.

Raymond was last seen alive by a family friend who picked up Garrett Raymond’s 11-year old son on Saturday night to take him to a soccer game.

“The brother came out and said hello to him,” according to a source knowledgeable about the fatality. “He was probably the last one to see him alive.”

It was unclear how long Raymond had been dead before his body was discovered.

Categories: General
Anne Amato

Comments are closed.