A man suffered burns to his face and upper body when a small fuel tank exploded shortly before noon at 4 Poe Place in Shelton.
The man, who was not immediately identified, was brought to Bridgeport Hospital, where spokesman John Cappiello said Wednesday afternoon that the victim was in stable condition.
A person on the property declined to comment.
The Valley Sentinel reports that although the initial call was for a propane tank explosion the Shelton fire marshal indicated that gasoline was involved. The investigation is continuing this morning.
Read the Valley Indy story here.