Connecticut Postings

Connecticut Post newsroom blog

Two small fires in Stratford Thursday morning

|

STRATFORD — The Fire Department responded to two pesky fires Thursday morning.

The first occurred just after midnight at General Linen Services, 895 Woodend Road in the town’s South End. Firefighters discovered that a portion of the building that contained linens had caught fire, and they were successful in containing the blaze to that part of the building.

It’s estimated that the company sustained “several thousand dollars” in damage to linens and equipment from fire, water and smoke. Four engine companies and one ladder truck responded to that incident.

Then, at 6:45 a.m. firefighters responded to a grease fire at McDonald’s restaurant at 411 Barnum Ave., not far from the Bridgeport city line.

The restaurant will remain closed until the town building and health departments, as well as the fire marshal’s office, get a chance to inspect the premises and certify the restaurant as safe.

 

John Burgeson

Comments are closed.