Connecticut Postings

Connecticut Post newsroom blog
Posts by Author

Frank Juliano

CT Post file photo/Frank Juliano

Family displaced by Bridgeport house fire

on
BRIDGEPORT — Seven people have been given emergency housing and other support after a fire ripped through their Black Rock Avenue home Thursday night. The one alarm fire at 270 Black Rock Avenue was reported at 9:37 p.m.  The 2 1/2 story wood frame dwelling had heavy damage on the first floor, and moderate damage […] [Read More]
Categories: General

Stratford High sending students home early

on
UPDATE 3:30 PM The district says Stratford Town Engineers have finished their assessment at Stratford High School and have deemed the building safe, according to a page on its website. Classes will resume tomorrow, Friday, February 27, 2015. UPDATE 1:30 PM Supt. Janet Robinson says the town engineer and representatives of Turner Construction are still […] [Read More]
Categories: General

Seven students sent home after Shelton bus crash

on
SHELTON — Seven Shelton High students were sent home from school with headaches, bumps and bruises following a school bus crash early Tuesday morning, the Valley Independent Sentinel reports. There were 37 students on the bus when the accident occurred shortly after 7 a.m. at the intersection of Route 108 and Wooster Street. At least […] [Read More]
Categories: General
William Siclari. Photo courtesy of Monroe police.

Monroe man arrested on child porn charges

on
MONROE — A local man has been charged with possession of child pornography and engaging a child in an obscene performance. A forensic investigation of computers and hard drives in William Siclari’s home on Harvester Road found several images of suspected child porn, including some images of children under the age of 10, Lt. Brian […] [Read More]
Categories: General
webpage 077

Cold hampers effort to fight Stratford fire

on
UPDATE 8 AM Some units are returning from the fire scene, but two engine companies will remain awhile longer, with firefighters rotating from the Denton Place to a nearby warming station, according to scanner reports. Original post 6:30 AM STRATFORD — Firefighters are on the scene of a house fire, at 57 Denton Place. The […] [Read More]
Categories: General

Special election today in Bridgeport

on
BRIDGEPORT — Voters in two legislative districts will go to the polls today in a special election to fill two vacant seats. Bridgeport’s 129th House district and the 23rd state Senate district that represents part of Bridgeport and Stratford are up for grabs. The recent appointments of Rep. Auden Grogins to a state Superior Court […] [Read More]
Categories: General
Photo via Echo Hose Fire Department

Fire guts house, kills dog in Shelton

on
SHELTON — A dog in a crate died in a smoky fire in a mobile home at The Maples on Wednesday night. Officials said the one-alarm blaze was reported at 8:13 p.m., and that firefighters arriving at the scene, at 147 Indian Well Road, had to take a defensive position to protect nearby homes. The […] [Read More]
Categories: General
Photo courtesy of Weston Fire Department.

Efforts to fight Westport house fire hampered

on
WESTPORT — Mounded snow around hydrants forced firefighters to battle a house fire on Weathervane Hill from 850 feet away Wednesday night. Hose line had to be stretched down the street to the nearest cleared hydrant, Assistant Chief Michael Kronick said. All of the homes occupants got out safely and there were no injuries from […] [Read More]
Categories: General
milford pd patch

Cops: Man gave underage woman pot, alcohol

on
MILFORD — A Fern Street man was arrested Monday evening after police found a 20 year-old woman walking in the street, disoriented and with no coat in the cold weather. Robert Gulyban, 20, is accused of providing the woman with marijuana and alcohol, Sgt. Jeff Nielsen said. He also interfered with police efforts to help […] [Read More]
Categories: General

Candle blamed in Milford apartment fire

on
MILFORD — A mother and her young child were able to escape their second-floor apartment on Foran Road after an unattended candle ignited nearby material, a fire department spokesman said. The fire, in a second-floor unit at 17 Foran Road, which also serves as the access road to Joseph A. Foran High School, was extinguished […] [Read More]
Categories: General