Connecticut Postings

Connecticut Post newsroom blog
Posts filtered on Category

Fire

Garage destroyed in Stratford blaze

on
Stratford firefighters knocked down a fire Monday afternoon that destroyed a detached garage at a King Street residence. There were no reported injuries. [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Firefighters extinguish smokey fire in Stratford

on
Stratford firefighters extinguished a smokey external house fire on Second Hill Lane Monday afternoon. Firefighters pulled back several strips of siding and wood paneling after putting out the fire, which filled several first-floor rooms with heavy smoke, according to first responders on the scene. There were no reported injuries. [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Stratford EMS volunteer wins “Caregiver” award

on
Press release: Helen “Bunnie” McQuilton, a 25-year volunteer with Stratford EMS, has won the 2012 David Felner Caregiver Award. The Caregiver Award is presented to a person who has show outstanding care and compassion for cancer patients. The award is named in honor of David Felner, a former Stratford firefighter, who died of cancer in […] [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Stratford fire lieutenant dies

on
Stratford Fire Lt. Tom McCabe, 54, died unexpectedly Tuesday, according to the fire union’s Facebook page. McCabe was a 24-year veteran of the department. He was treasurer of the Firefighters Benevolent Association and historian of the department, according to the fire union. [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Wine tasting benefit for Connecticut Burn Center

on
The Stratford Professional Firefighters Burn Foundation and The Bridgeport Hospital Foundation is hosting a wine tasting to benefit the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital. The event will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 16 at Oronoque Country Club at 385 Oronoque Lane in Stratford. Tickets are $25 per person. Town […] [Read More]
Categories: Bridgeport, Fire, Stratford

Stratford FD union endorses Dempsey

on
Press release: The Stratford Professional Firefighters, IAFF Local 998, would like to announce our official endorsement of Mr. John M. Dempsey for Fifth District Councilman. We feel that Mr. Dempsey is the right choice for this Council Seat due to his tireless dedication to serious issues, to include Public Safety issues. Public Safety affects everyone […] [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Politics, Stratford

Pancakes, fire safety at Stratford FD open house

on
Press release: This years Open House will be help on October 22, 2011 @ Fire Headquarters (2750 Main St) and will start at 9:00am. We hope to see you and your family! The Stratford Fire Department Annual Open House is held during Fire Prevention Month (October) and is designed to allow the citizens of Stratford to […] [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Stratford firefighters raise $4,225 for muscular dystrophy

on
Stratford firefighters raised $4,225 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association on Saturday as part of the International Association of Fire Fighter’s annual “Fill the Boot Drive.” All together, the IAFF raised $27.2 million for the MDA. The firefighters’ organization has been raising money for the cause for the last 57 years. Firefighters in Stratford participated this year […] [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford

Westport firefighter hospitalized after battling house fire

on
From Westport Fire Department: Incident Date:  September 4, 2011          Time of Incident: 5:15 AM Incident Location:26 Buena Vista Drive             Type of Incident:  Structure Fire At 5:15 AM today, Westport Firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the building at 26 Buena Vista Drive. A neighbor at 24 Buena Vista Drive was walking […] [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Westport

House fire in Stratford

on
Firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire at a duplex home on Wooster Street in Stratford about 4:15 p.m. Friday, according to the fire union’s Facebook page. No further information is available. [Read More]
Categories: Fire, Stratford