Here are some scores and highlights from Danbury area teams in action Wednesday:
- Pomperaug’s Jake Wilson clubbed a two-run single in the top of the seventh to give the Panthers a 3-2 victory at New Fairfield. After a slow start, the Panthers have climbed to 4-4 (2-1 SWC). The Rebels fell to 3-4 (1-2).
- Bethel rode a strong pitching performance from Mike Forese (five strikeouts, two walks) to a 7-6 victory over Stratford. Carson Duffy paced the Wildcats (4-3, 1-1 SWC) with a triple and three RBI.
- Lenny Rodriguez was 2-for-3 with an RBI for Danbury in the Hatters’ 9-2 loss to New Canaan. The matchup was a potential FCIAC playoff preview, with New Canaan improving to 7-1 (5-1) and the Hatters suffering their first conference loss to drop to 5-2 (4-1).
- Barlow’s Kieren Geyer was 2-for-4 with a triple and three RBI and Jack Pantalena was 2-for-2 with a two-run homer in the Falcons’ 15-6 loss to Bunnell, which moved to a perfect 3-0 in the SWC and looks like a permanent fixture near the top of the standings.
- Immaculate fell by an 8-0 count at home against Masuk, whose star center fielder, Thomas Milone, a UConn commit, attracted a handful of major league scouts, according to Mustangs coach Tommy Neville. The Panthers improved to 4-2 (2-0 SWC) while the Mustangs dropped to 2-4 (1-2).
- In Berkshire League action, Shepaug beat Terryville 6-5 on a walk-off wild pitch. Greg Alex doubled to lead off the seventh, moved to third on a bunt and scored the winning run.