The final day of the FCIAC baseball season will be a little less chaotic than last year but there is still one spot up for grabs and a bunch of seeding scenarios.
Here are the standings as of the end of the day Wednesday.
1. Greenwich 15-2 Cardinals locked up the No. 1 seed for the second straight year.
2. Ridgefield 13-4
3. St. Joseph 13-4
4. New Canaan 13-4
5. Trumbull 12-5
6. Danbury 12-5
7. Ludlowe 12-5
8. Wilton 10-7
9. Staples 9-6
- The current top 7 are in, just a matter of seedings and, as you can see, it could go a bunch of ways but if the Tigers, Cadets and Rams all win they will finish in the order they are currently in.
- Trumbull, Danbury and Ludlowe have all beaten each other so it will go to deeper tiebreakers than I am willing to try and figure out tonight.
- Wilton is in with win but out with loss and Staples win as Staples owns tiebreaker.
- If New Canaan loses to Wilton it may lose its first round playoff home game, which is really the best benefit to a higher seeding.
New Canaan had to play four games in four days this week and their pitching will be thin heading into the Wilton game, which is Thursday night.
Here is the schedule for the remaining teams.
Thursday: New Canaan vs Wilton; Ludlowe vs Darien
Friday: Greenwich vs Danbury; St. Joseph vs Warde; Ridgefield vs Westhill; Staples vs Bassick; Trumbull vs Trinity