Tuesday night’s anticipated Bethel-Bunnell clash didn’t quite live up to the hype, as the home Bulldogs dismantled the previously unbeaten Wildcats 77-58 to stake an early claim to the SWC crown. Here are some of Greater Danbury’s top performers from a full slate
of #ctbb action:
- New Fairfield’s Anthony Cammarota scored a game-high 20 points in a 44-41 loss to Immaculate, which benefitted from a balanced scoring output led by sophomore Joey Wallace (12 points)
- Danbury’s Dezshawn Daley scored 20 points in a 55-45 loss to Harding
- Mike Daubert (15 points) and Connor Quinn (14) paced Newtown in a 48-43 road win over Brookfield. The Bobcats were led by Darric Myers, who connected on four 3-pointers to finish with a team-high 14 points.
- Pomperaug’s Lucien Fortier scored a game-high 20 points and pulled down 12 rebounds in a 71-51 loss to Kolbe Cathedral.
- Bethel senior Daniel Garvin, a Bryant University commit who appears headed for a second straight All-State campaign, had what coach Ray Turek deemed an off night in the Wildcats’ loss to Bunnell. He still mustered 20 points.
The Wildcats (10-1, 4-1 SWC) were treated to the road test they expected in their visit to Bunnell, where the Bulldogs (8-1, 4-0) have been on the cusp of cracking The New Haven Register’s state media poll. Said Turek: “The one thing we don’t know about our team is how we respond after a loss, so we’re going to find out. I expect us to respond well.”