Hearst Connecticut Media ranks the region’s top boys basketball programs:
1. BRIDGEPORT CENTRAL (27-1): Came back from down 18 at the half to beat Fairfield Prep 76-73 for Class LL title. A unanimous top pick.
2. FAIRFIELD PREP (27-1): Jesuits were 16 minutes from perfect season and history.
3. GREENWICH (23-4): Cardinals lost twice to Central, once to Prep and reached LL semifinals.
4. BUNNELL (21-6): Great postseason run ended in 60-56 loss to Windsor in Class L semis.
5. RIDGEFIELD (19-6): Tigers gave Central all they could handle in Class LL quarterfinals.
6. NOTRE DAME-FAIRFIELD (17-6): Upset by Waterford in Class L quarterfinals ending surprising season.
7. STAMFORD (16-8): Black Knights went from 4-16 to FCIAC semis and Class LL quarterfinals.
8. WILTON (13-10): Warriors among the elite after first-round upset of Hartford Public in Class LL before falling in second round to Greenwich in OT.
— Scott Ericson
Also receiving votes: Westhill (16-6), Kolbe Cathedral (16-9), Harding (11-11), Barlow (12-13) — SCOTT ERICSON Voting in final poll: Doug Bonjour, Scott Ericson, Dave Fierro, Richard Gregory, Ryan Lacey, Chris McNamee and Reid L. Walmark.