Alive @ Five 2013 line-up announced: Bret Michaels, The Wallflowers, Michael McDonald performing

Bret Michaels, The Wallflowers and Michael McDonald are slated to take the stage at this year’s Alive @ Five concert series, which is expanding to eight weeks this year, the Downtown Special Services District announced Thursday.

The popular summer concert series, which kicks off June 20 at Stamford’s Columbus Park, is rounded out by a trio of male heartthrobs — Ryan Cabrera, Matt Nathanson and Howie Day — country singer Wynona Judd and her band, The Big Noise, and the genre-busting country outfit, The Mavericks.

The concerts will begin at 5 p.m. and continue every Thursday — with the exception of July 4 — until Aug. 15. Concerts will set concert-goers back $15 — a $5 increase over last year’s entry fee. Children aged 12 and under are free, but must enter before 7 p.m.

Check out the dates for each performance, and videos by a selection of Alive @ Five bands, below:

The Wallflowers — June 20

The Mavericks — June 27

Ryan Cabrera — July 11

Wynonna & The Big Noise — July 18

Bret Michaels — July 25

Matt Nathanson — Aug. 1

Howie Day — Aug. 8

Michael McDonald — Aug. 15

Scott Gargan

1. kzone8 says:

I haven’t been in years, but that is my choice. Mary is right; $15 is very reasonable. The Mavericks are a great act. I’m surprised that they’re willing to play Alive @ Five. The Wallflowers latest CD is also great.
    I’m sure that it’s not easy to line up quality bands for this and stay within budget.

Lighten up and quit your complaining.

2. Lost fan says:

First year I will not be going to see at least one performer- horrible list- who actually picks these bands – please tell me someone just reaches into a hat and they dont really think about this and I will feel somewhat better. The event was slowly going downhill and now the slide has accelerated.

3. Bob Pinto says:

Too many young punks attend!!!! 21 and over and Maybe I’ll go.

4. Mary says:

$15 ? Where else can you see these people for $ 15 ?

5. Joe Santos says:

You couldn’t drag me to go see Bret Michaels. Man he is terrible and Poison is one of the worst bands of all time. Excuse me while I throw up.

6. what a joke says:

Alive @5 has become ridiculous– it is overcrowded, overpriced, and overrated. I especially enjoyed the people in “liquor patrol” vests, who by the way are not police, demanding to see ID. I am WELL over 21 and was carded and got a bracelet at the entrance. However, they tried to claim that it was not me in my ID, and refused to give it back to me while asking to see a credit card. I will never be attending Alive@5 again. To anyone who has never been, save your money and see a movie instead.

7. Connie says:

will there be enough room this year???

8. Ghost of Antric Klaiber says:

Please music gods… tell Michael McDonald to bring Fagen and Becker as surprise guests on Aug 15!

9. Really? says:

This is horrible and they are increasing ticket prices. They are going to kill the whole event.