Live music is returning to McLevy Green this summer.
Downtown Thursdays, Bridgeport’s free annual concert series, kicks off on Thursday, June 6 and continues every Thursday — with the exception of July 4 — until Aug. 29. Concerts start at 6 p.m.
The 12-week series brings a mix of rock, reggae, funk and folk acts from across the Tri-State area to Downtown Bridgeport, creating a carnivalesque atmosphere that lures families and young professionals alike.
“Downtown Thursdays brings top local acts from a variety of musical genres to the heart of our walkable, vibrant downtown neighborhood in historic McLevy Green,” Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch said in a statement. “I invite Bridgeport residents and visitors from our neighboring towns to check out a concert this summer, have dinner at one of our excellent restaurants and enjoy a Thursday evening in downtown.”
Check out the line-up, below:
- June 6 – Darik and the Funbags (Naugatuck River Valley/party band)
- June 13 – Mystic Bowie (Norwalk/reggae)
- June 20 – Natural Wonder (Bridgeport/Stevie Wonder covers); The Chords
- June 27 – Cosmic Jibaros (Bridgeport/Latin rock)
- July 11 – Special guest to be announced…
- July 18 – Amy Lynn & The Gun Show (New York City/soul)
- July 25 – Pocket Full of Soul (Stratford/funk and soul)
- Aug. 1 – Cricket Tell the Weather (New Haven/indie rock and bluegrass); Ada Pasternak (Fairfield/folk)
- Aug. 8 – Connecticut Free Shakespeare
- Aug. 15 – American Idol Live! and Webster Bank Arena present Karaoke Talent Night
- Aug. 22 – Orquesta Afinke (Bridgeport/Latin music)
- Aug. 29 – Lovewhip (Boston/disco pop, world rock)