If you’re a Twitter user, you may have seen more green than usual.
Tens of thousands of Twitter users are adding a green overlay, as I have demonstrated on my Twitter picture to the right, to their avatar, or profile photo, to show support for their Iranian peers.
According to one Web site, 22, 000 users added the overlay in the last 12 hours alone.
This is just another example of how Twitter is the social media leader of news and information coming out of Iran.
RELATED TECH TALK ENTRIES:
- Reuters: U.S. urged Twitter to delay downtime
- Finally a company that cares about the little guy
- Twitter users speak out, CNN appears to listen
- ‘My eyes are burning…’
- Twitter shines in tragedy
- One small step for tweeters, one giant leap for mankind?
- With Twitter, all things are possible