Facebook has implemented several new changes to its network, leaving many users upset, and reminding others of Google Plus.
Among the changes:
- An automatically scrolling newsfeed on the upper right corner of the screen that can be extended down toward the chat window
- The ability to mark posts as a “top story” by clicking the top left corner of the post
- The ability to write posts as long as 5,000 characters
- A new management interface for friend lists
- The ability to send multiple friends birthday wishes from the top right corner of the screen
- The “poke” button has been moved to the drop-down menu to the right of the “message” button on friends’ pages
- Messages can no longer be included in friend requests
As one might expect, many users are upset with the changes — as is common whenever the social media giant makes any modifications.
However, if the past is any indication, life will go on and the network will continue to grow.
One thing is certain, the influence of Google Plus is evident in the changes — from the larger photos to the refined posting options. Now if only more users would utilize that network.