- Written by Adrienne Burke
Today’s cool and rainy weather might make this week’s heat wave seem a distant memory, but here’s where to head when the next one hits. These beaches at a lake, a pond, the Housatonic River, and the Long Island Sound are all within a short drive of Easton. Click on beach names for directions and more information.
* Of course there’s our own Martin Park Beach Ridgefield – Drop in $15 residents/ $20 non residents. Open 10am-7pm daily until September 3
1. Seaside Park, Bridgeport: $20 daily car pass, $75 for season (CT plates). Open 8:00 am – dusk.
3. Jennings Beach, Fairfield: $15 per vehicle weekdays, $25 weekends and holidays. Parking fees imposed 10:00 am – 8:00 pm. Open dawn – 11:00 pm.
5. Topstone Beach, Redding: $10 adults, $8 children (non-Redding residents). Open 10:00 am – 7:00 pm daily from June 21 – August 28, and until 8:00 pm weekdays June 21- July 31.