WHEN: Today, 4 p.m.
WHERE: Rutgers Athletic Center, Piscataway, N.J. (8,000)
RECORDS: UConn 23-1, 10-1 Big East; Rutgers 14-9 (5-5)
ON THE AIR: SNY (Gary Apple and Meghan Culmo); WTIC-AM 1080 (Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske)
UP NEXT: Monday vs. No. 1 Baylor at XL Center, 9 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, F, 6-0 Soph.: 21.3p, 7.5r, 2.3a last four games
- Stefanie Dolson, C, 6-5 Jr.: 17.4p (31-of-42 FG), 5.2r, 2.6a last five games
- Breanna Stewart, G, 6-4 Fr.: 10.7p, 8.7r last three games
- Kelly Faris, G, 5-11 Sr.: 11.2p, 6.4r, 3.6a last five games
- Bria Hartley, G, 5-7 Jr.: 16.7p (17-of-28 FG), 6.0r, 4.3a last three games
- Morgan Tuck, F, 6-2 Fr.: 6.0p, 3.3r in 17.3 minutes last three games
- Caroline Doty, G, 5-10 Sr.: 5.0p, 4.5a last two games
- Moriah Jefferson, G, 5-7 Fr.: 10.0p (9-of-10 FG), 2.5r, 2.5s in 21.5 minutes last two games
- Kiah Stokes, C, 6-3 Soph.: 6.0p, 5.8r in 16.5 minutes last four games
- Monique Oliver, F/C, 6-2 Sr.: 11.5p, 5.0r last four games
- Erica Wheeler, G, 5-7 Sr.: 8.8p, 2.8r, 2.2a, 3.4s last five games
- Betnijah Laney, G/F, 6-0 Soph.: 11.8p (24-of-64 FG), 4.2r, 2.2a last five games
- Chelsey Lee, F, 6-2 Sr.: 5.5p (11-of-35 FG), 5.8r last eight games
- Kahleah Copper, G, 6-1 Fr.: 6.3p, 2.3r last three games
- Shakena Richardson, G, 5-4 Soph.: 10.3p, 6.0r, 5.0a, 2.0s last three games
- Syessence Davis, G, 5-7 Soph.: 5.0p, 5.5r last four games
- Rachel Hollivay, F, 6-4 Fr.: Season-high 12p at DePaul Tues.; 11p previous 8 games
ONE-SIDED: At one time this was the marquee match-up in the Big East. The Scarlet Knights actually won four of six from Feb. 7, 2006 through Feb. 5, 2008. However, the Huskies have won nine straight games and Rutgers has averaged 46.2 points in this span.
CHASING A MILESTONE: Rutgers coach C. Vivian Stringer will be making her second attempt to become the fourth Division I women’s basketball coach to reach 900 wins — Pat Summitt (1,098), Sylvia Hatchell (902) and Jody Conradt (900). Stringer is 899-327 in 42 seasons.
STRUGGLES: The Scarlet Knights are ranked 262nd out of 343 teams nationally in scoring (57.4) and 302nd in turnovers (20.0). Meanwhile, the Huskies are ranked No.1 in scoring defense (46.9) and are forcing 20.0 turnovers per game.