LIVE BRACKET UPDATES
WHAT: NCAA tournament first-round game
WHEN: Today, 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Gampel Pavilion, Storrs (10,167)
RECORDS, SEEDS: Idaho 17-15, No. 16; UConn 29-4, No. 1
ON THE AIR: ESPN2 (Dave O’Brien and Doris Burke); WTIC-AM 1080 (Bob Joyce and Debbie Fiske)
UP NEXT: NCAA tournament second round, Monday vs. Vanderbilt/St. Joseph’s-winner, at Gampel Pavilion, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Alyssa Charlston, G/F, 6-1 Jr.: Twice named 1st-team All-WAC, team-high 13.7p, 7.0r this season
- Stacey Barr, G, 5-8 Soph.: 19.0p (25-of-49 FG), 6.8r last four games
- Christina Salvatore, G/F, 5-11 Fr.: 4.8p (7-of-34 FG), 3.0r last four games
- Connie Ballestero, G, 5-9 Fr.: 7.0p, 3.4r, 3.4a last five games
- Ali Forde, F, 6-2 Fr.: 9.7p, 8.3r, 2.8b last six games
- Jessica Graham, F, 6-0 Soph.: 7.8p, 6.2r last five games
- Krissy Karr, G, 5-6 Soph: Made buzzer-beating layup vs. San Jose State in WAC quarterfinals
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, F, 6-0 Soph.: 15.8p, 6.8r in five career NCAA tournament games
- Stefanie Dolson, C, 6-5 Jr.: 11.1p, 6.9r in 10 career NCAA tournament games
- Breanna Stewart, F, 6-4 Fr.: 17.0p on .611 FG, 5.0r last three games
- Kelly Faris, G, 5-11 Sr.: 12.0p, 4.0r, 5.0a, 2.0s last three NCAA tournament games
- Bria Hartley, G, 5-7 Jr.: 14.8p, 3.0r, 3.8a in 10 career NCAA tournament games
- Morgan Tuck, F, 6-2 Fr.: 3.7p, 1.3r in 6.3 minutes last three games
- Caroline Doty, G, 5-10 Sr.: 1.5p, 1.3r, 1.0a last four games in reserve role
- Moriah Jefferson, G, 5-7 Fr.: 5.0p, 1.3r, 1.7a in 14.0 minutes last three games
- Kiah Stokes, C, 6-3 Soph.: 1.7p, 2.7r, 10.3 minutes last three games
RECORD RUN?: The Huskies are looking to tie an NCAA record by winning their eighth national championship and set an NCAA record by reaching the Final Four for the sixth straight season.
HOME COOKING: The Huskies are 41-4 all-time in NCAA tournament games played in Connecticut . They have won 39 of the last 40 overall, with the lone loss coming against Duke in the regional final in Bridgeport March 28, 2006 (63-61 OT).
FOUR TO GO: With 104 3-pointers this season, Mosqueda-Lewis needs four to set the team single-season record. Wendy Davis made 107 in 1991-92 (107-of 234).