Some GE customers love their guns more

Less than an hour after The Wall Street Journal reported GE Capital was going to stop providing retail lending services to gun shops, a few people decided to threaten GE with boycotts.

The Journal quoted gun store owners in other states who received letters from GE stating the company would no longer provide lending services for gun purchases. People could, at some stores, take out a small loan issued through GE Capital to buy guns or ammunition. The article confirmed the move with a GE spokesman who said it was a tiny part of the business, also said the decision was made due to changes in the law and tragic events.

The company intends to continue to provide retail lending services to major sporting goods stores that sell guns, including Dick’s.

Peter Lanza, the father of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter who killed 20 children and six adult in December, is a GE Capital executive.

GE also held its annual meeting Wednesday and the company’s shares gained 2.14 percent, or 46 cents, to close at $21.96 Wednesday.

Just moments after the article popped up on the WSJ website, GE’s corporate Facebook page attracted several comments.

While the number of people who found GE’s stance objectionable piled up on its Facebook page, there appeared a smattering of others who supported the move.

Categories: GE
Tags:
Rob Varnon

1. Tina Rocha says:

Life is Good with LG people. Not only that but I’ve had my fill of this stooge Immelt. Welch should have left you in japan in 86 and upon reflection I’m sure Jack would agree. How did he put it? I created Jeffrey Frankenstein. Yup ya did Jack and unfortunately you were the one that hired him.

2. JBnID says:

GE is un-American. Pound sand.

3. craig says:

Now that GE has become a liberal political company I will sell my shares and no longer buy their products. sportsmen, sell GE…it’s the best way to punish them for their stupidity.

4. whatever it is Im against it says:

Just cancelled the order for a new G.E refrigerator I ordered from Home Depot. Hey G.E. — up yours.

5. kristen says:

I meant to say GOOD company, NOW they are sucking at the teat of NOBAMA and his band of anti-Americans!! Hey Phil Torres you moron, they are YOUR second amendment rights TOO! Turn off the CNN and the network news OFF and listen to AM radio, you will become a lot more informed, oh that’s right, you DON’T care about OUR rights!! I forgot

6. kristen says:

GE used to be a new company…now they are mouthpieces for the left! Ever since they got that free $$ from Obama and his ilk.

7. MJ says:

I agree with all those who are no longer fans of GE.

8. Tom says:

General Electric Stock at it’s peak was north of $50 a share over a dozen years ago. It currently bounces around just north of $20 while the Dow is at an all time high. This most recent stunt demonstrates that it continues to have its proverbial “elbow on the pulse” of the American people and a bulls eye on its shareholders wallet.

9. Bill says:

maybe if Peter Lanza had been more active as a father none of this would have happened. hard to believe he had NO IDEA his son was not getting the help he needed

10. Phil Torres says:

Ed nobody cares what you and the rest of the psycho second amendment losers think

11. Tricia says:

I will cancel any credit cards I have that have anything to do with G.E. Like others here I will not buy any of their products. I’m not a fan of G.E,. anyway. This is just un-American.

12. Ed says:

BTW, I no longer shot at Dick’s Sporting Goods for the same reason and I also know a lot of people in CT that don’t shop there for the same reason as well.

13. Ed says:

Just cancelled my walmart credit card because they are issued by GE.

I will also stop shopping at walmart if they continue to do business with GE.