Another log on the fire

The Islanders put Jon Sim on waivers today, so there’s a chance he could be here for tomorrow’s game. It’s already a crowded house at forward for these guys.

It’s the first 15-game night in AHL history, so here’s one-fifteenth of the league’s lineups:

BRIDGEPORT

(Murovich-scratch)
D: Sigalet-Savard
Holden-Goloubef
Moore-Guenin (A)
G: Wesslau
LeNeveu

R: R.Fraser. L: Simeon, Redding.

Edit, with thanks to Jamie Palatini and Ian Healy, to reflect that Figren is not in two places at once. That would be cool.

Both teams have one to scratch. But Jean Bourbeau and Tyler Murovich never stood up during line rushes, so I’ve got a guess. Edit2: Indeed, those are the two.

Bourbeau, by the way, out there in the full cage, is now wearing No. 20.

Talented young’n Nikita Filatov, who’d been banged up during the week, is apparently in for the Falcons.

Michael Fornabaio

1. My guess was to save a few grand. Isles play more than Bridgeport does next week.

2. My guess was to save a few grand. Isles play more than Bridgeport does next week.

3. raul17 says:

I guess that Joenusuu’s loan & recall for a day was to might him eligible for demotion to Bridgeport for the Christmas break.

4. raul17 says:

5. WANG MUST GO says:

Regarding Comment by Jon -

This is the NY ISLANDERS.. NOTHING makes ANY sense..

6. WANG MUST GO says:

Regarding Comment by Jon -

This is the NY ISLANDERS.. NOTHING makes ANY sense..

7. Jon says:

Can we address this 3 man goalie rotation? Mikko has played terrible. Why does he need to stay here and take away playing time for Poulin and Lawson. If he were sent to the E, he would get a ton of minutes and build his confidence.

Tonight’s game was hard to watch. It seemed like no one showed up in the first and they started to wake up in the second.

8. Jon says:

9. hank says:

Well I hope they put Hisey back with Sim and Rhett. HAving Hisey playing 4th line for the 1st period was dumb

10. hank says:

11. WANG MUST GO says:

I don’t understand the goalie rotation! Poulin is the BEST goalie yet plays the least. It seems that the stupidity trickles down to the farm system..

12. WANG MUST GO says:

13. He’s played 10 NHL games since the last time he cleared waivers, so my assumption is that’s why he has to go through again. Playing 10 games or spending 30 days on an NHL roster means you’ve got to clear again.

14. He’s played 10 NHL games since the last time he cleared waivers, so my assumption is that’s why he has to go through again. Playing 10 games or spending 30 days on an NHL roster means you’ve got to clear again.

15. raul17 says:

?! I do not understand. Since Sim was assigned to Bridgeport after clearing waivers on Nov. 2, he was recalled Nov. 9 & loaned back Nov. 18; on emergency recall Nov. 26 & returned on the 27th; and recalled Nov. 29. I thought that he did not need to be waived (again).

16. raul17 says: