The San Diego Comic Convention ended on Sunday July 26th. I spent 8 days in San Diego, CA covering everything from celebrities walking around to panels, to screenings. Over the next few days I will be publishing stories detailing all of the events and inside stories.
Beginning with the New Moon panel.
The panel was Thursday afternoon. However, fans began lining up the night before. It’s hard to attend the convention unless you have line buddies. Someone that can help take shifts waiting in line for panels and screenings.
I met up with some friends at the convention. They were all obsessed Twilight fans (as am I). They got an amazing spot in line and let me join them. It’s estimated that around 10,000 fans waited overnight to try and get a good seat in Hall H. Hall H holds around 6,500 people.
The line went on all around the building. In the morning, once we were allowed in, it was chaos. People were running to their seats, tripping over each other. The con staff kept making announcements, ‘Don’t run, please walk,” but as usual that did nothing.
Once everyone was seated, the first panel started. People in Hall H got to see an exclusive clip of the movie, A Christmas Carol, starring Jim Carrey. They also had Tim Burton come out to introduce the Alice in Wonderland trailer. He sat to answer questions. After the questions, Burton was asked if there is anything else he brought. Johnny Depp came out from stage right. — Look for my post with video and pictures of both panels.
The New Moon panel came next. They showed two exclusive clips, one with Jacob teaching Bella how to ride the dirt bike. It gave viewers a first look at how they were going to portray Edward (Rob Pattinson) as a ghostly form. The second clip showed Bella running through Italy trying to stop Edward from walking out of an alley. Both clips unfortunately can be found online even though we were asked not to film any of the exclusive clips. Thus, I will not be posting those here.
However, the panel was fair game. Below you will find an embedded video that I took of the New Moon panel. It’s part one. If you double click the video it will open up YouTube allowing you to view the other parts that I have put online, as well as, all the other videos I have taken.
All the videos and pictures will appear on here over time. I have over 40 videos and 400 pictures — so it will take awhile. Keep checking back here for the latest information.
Things learned at New Moon panel (for people who don’t want to watch the videos)
1. Rob would be willing to do open mike nights again. However, he is worried that he is going to keep being recorded.
2. Taylor feels that he is more like Jacob before his character changes. Once he changes he thinks he goes “Wacko”.
3. Ashley is excited for the next director. She also considers herself a really happy person. She said she is close to her family like her character, Alice.
4. Kristen feels that in this movie, Bella, has serious mood swings. However, she doesn’t't complain about it or make excuses. She feels what she feels and thats it, which is cool. She also said the major difference since the movie is her hair cut.
THE NEXT ONE CONTAINS SPOILERS….
5. When asked what their looking forward to going into the next film: Taylor said the sleeping bag scene and becoming friends with Edward, Kristen said being pregnant, and Rob said being apart of the caesarean, he said “oh, I just can’t wait.”
Enjoy the video below…