Every year there are new trends, products, gadgets, and fun items to become obsessed with. Looking ahead into 2011, it might be hard to decide what to buy, where to spend that money you have been saving, and how to distinguish what’s good and what’s not.
Here is a sneak peek of some items that will not break the bank and will entertain you for months to come.
1. MIMOBOT Designer Flash Drives (www.mimoco.com) not only are these flash drives completely functional, but you can finally buy cute ones! They have created numerous lines of flash drives that are almost like mini-sets. Do you know someone that likes Star Wars? Well, you can buy someone a Yoda flash drive, or a Luke Skywalker. They even carry Hello Kitty Classic ones. These flash drives are fun, really show your character, and definitely make you not want to lose them.
Noteworthy: The design of some flash drives can get in the way of what you want to plug them into. Some times if there is too much plastic it’s hard to plug them into your Xbox or your DVD player. After using these for a week, I have tested every possible item in my office and house. These flash drives fit into everything. They are easy to use and connected instantly to my MAC (they are also PC friendly). I also dragged some decently sized files and they handled them well and added them quickly.
This is a wonderful addition for anyone looking for storage on the go. Great gift for people who are collectors. If you aren’t a fan of some of their specific entertainment based lines, they also created their own line of characters which are great for adults and kids a like to start something new and begin their collections. Contemporary artist, Gary Baseman, announced his newest MIMOBOT collaboration — HotChaChaCha and Toby MIMOBOT. So there is something for everyone.
2. RingerWraps (www.cleverwraps.com) had made of one the must have items of 2011. Basically in short they are disposable bags for your phone. Now you might be thinking huh? — But this item is AMAZING. This day in age, everyone has their cell phones with them at all times. You bring it to the beach, you bring it when you are sitting by the pool, and you might even bring it while you take a bath. Maybe you are hiking, doing gardening outside, or even shoveling the snow. Whatever the situation, you have your cell phone. However, having your cell phone around the elements of water, dirt, rocks, and sand is never a good idea. RingerWraps are your solution.
These are bags that allow you to put your phone into them and seal them. These protective sleeves still allow you full use of your phone for emailing, texting, and making calls.
Noteworthy: They are water proof, they are disposable, and they are effective. Enough said. Go get these!
3. Snakebyte™ Premium Fitness Board for the Wii, (www.snakebyte-usa.com), is definitely a must have for 2011. I currently own the Wii console and fitness plus game. I use the fitness board that game with the set that I purchased. However, there is one flaw that everyone knows about, you can jump on the board.
Any type of jumping movement causes an error to appear on the screen. Some of the games and fitness routines make it hard not to jump on the board. Well, Snakebyte has cured this problem. They have created a much cheaper board that allows you to run, jump — and be completely active without having to worry. The board, which is compatible with all games that have Nintendo Balance Board functionality, syncs with the console via a wireless connection through advanced Bluetooth technology. A built-in LCD shows you when a successful connection with the Wii was made and also powers the built-in electronic scale that can be used separately from the Wii.
Noteworthy: The scale is pretty accurate, the sleek design of the board is nice, comes in both white and black, and connected instantly to my Wii. Great gift item for someone trying to lose that extra weight, or for someone who is an active gamer.
Here are some more items that you should check out:
- Other Eyes, a novel, by Barbara D’Amato
- Kasey to the Rescue, a novel, by Ellen Rodgers
- Edge of Dreaming, a film, by Lorber Films
- Nature’s Diet: Heal Your Body and Stay Healthy by Following Nature’s Simple 21-Day Plan, a novel, by Dr. Andrew Iverson
** “Nature’s Diet: Heal Your Body and Stay Healthy by Following Nature’s Simple 21-Day Plan.” The book helps readers reclaim their health through natural foods and Biochemical Individuality. Iverson is the first to connect the proven concept of Biochemical Individuality with an everyday eating plan. This is a great read, informative, and wonderful for your body. Pick this one up!