For the month that celebrates love, I thought I’d share a few items I’ve recently discovered that I think are pretty swell. Coincidentally, they would also make great gifts for that special treehugger in your life!
1) Stanford engineer Debbie Sterling wanted to create a game that would develop an interest in engineering among girls. Call it the anti-Barbie, Goldieblox requires its players to follow basic engineering principles in order to get ahead. You can pre-order this game (with an expected ship date of April 2013) and in doing so, help support a small company that is doing great things.
2) Chic mommies with infants rejoice! Chewbeads has come out with a line of chewable jewelry that is BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, cadmium and heavy metal-free. They have a variety of adorable necklaces and bracelets that your little one will also appreciate!
3) The green techie in your life will love this bluetooth izen bamboo keyboard. You could even get a matching ipad or iphone case!
4) For the literary buff in your life, this scalloped lantern made from vintage books would be a hit. Three of these suspended above a long dining room table would look splendid and would be a real conversation-starter!
5) Potting Shed Creations has created these genius and beautifully-designed planters made from recycled wine bottles. Check their website for other super-clever designs.