Hot Topics

Trending news, culture, and entertainment from Hearst producers around the country.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck buying $4M Greenwich home

Morning talk show star Elisabeth Hasselbeck will soon be added to the list of celebrities who call Greenwich home.

HOME IN THE ‘BURBS:

The Daily Mail is reporting that Hasselbeck, a co-host on ABC’s The View, and her husband, former NFL quarterback Tim, have listed their Manhattan apartment for $3.3 million and are close to closing the deal on a sprawling house on Brookridge Drive for more than $4 million.

THEIR OLD DIGS:

The Hasselbecks, reported to be looking for a quieter spot than their luxury Upper West Side apartment, have three children — Grace, Thomas and Isaiah.

The house, built in 1999 and showcased here on Trulia.com, is 7,605 square feet and has seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a gazebo and a pool, among many other amenities.

Ben Doody

1. I pay a quick visit each day some web sites and sites to read posts, but
    this blog gives feature based articles.

2. Hello! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great info you’ve got right here on this post. I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

3. Lakita Cenat says:

Venture News – nfl jerseys Thought As Essential In These Modern Times

4. Aw, this was a really good post. Finding the time and actual effort to generate a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.

5. Veronica says:

Rosie O’ Donnell is such a jealous person. She is a has been and son one in the industry respects her anymore. It is so sad for her to be living such a vengeful life.

So happy for the Hasselbecks!!!!

6. Laura says:

Is that really a comment by Rosie O’Donnell? If so, I just can’t believe how immature it is. I also can’t believe how jealous people are of others. I say good for anyone who inks their own contract. Sounds like everyone is just doing what their dream job is. Whether you are a nurse, policeman, actor, or talk show host. We all have the same opportunities, we all have different loves in life. No need to be jealous. Be happy. Sheesh

7. Rosie O'Donnell says:

Well, Elizabeth, what goes around comes around. Remember when we had that shouting match and you got me fired from The View. Now, how does it feel!?!?!? Hey, I guess prayers do get answered.

8. Ozzie Osbourn says:

I guess Elizabeth Hassleback will have to sell their Greenwich, CT house because she was fired from The View and isn’t returning next season. Miracles do happen!

9. Asb says:

All of the people who are crying about how they are saving peoples lives at the hospital and only make $100,000.00 a year beed to wake up and realise they make more money than most of the hard working people in the country. Anyone who went into a career of serving the public like police, firemen, and nurses and what not, do not do the job to get rich. They do it to help others. If you want to make alot of money helping people, then get your head out of your ass and go to medical school and become a Doctor. Otherwise you need to realise that your crying and bitching does not help anybody. The faster you fuckers realise that, the faster you will take responsibility for your own lives. Don’t expect Obama to come around and give you 9 mil a year for nothing, just because someone else actually earns 9 mil.

10. Quantum Flux says:

To all of the nurses, cops and firemen… sorry… I know you want to make $9M a year too… but guess what? I (regular tax payer) pay you. And I cant afford that.

Hasselbeck is paid by a show that makes a TON of money on advertising. They have accountants and lawyers that calculate that SHE is a factor in that money and thus they pay her.

The people that pay her make MORE than her and work even less. If you think they just give money away you’re a moron. If she is making $10M then they made $100M. Thats how the world works.

If you are so bitter and angry about it then its REALLY unfortunate you chose to be a nurse, fire fighter, teacher, etc.

I mean I hear this crap ALL the time. I dont get it. You cant possibly think there can be a way for teachers to make $1M a year right? So what is it? You feel that OTHER people just shouldnt be allowed to make that much so you feel better?

its funny how many people basically say they want communism (when you break this argument down to its core), but it is only because they feel they “dont have enough”

Write them a fat check and they’d STFU. What does that really say about the moral outrage?

For once I’d love to see someone explain ow its supposed to work that all of these “overpaid entertainers” somehow magically become “not overpaid” and then all of these “underpaid” heroes suddenly become “paid right”.

So what… The View would be forced to only pay the personalities $100k a year and then donate all of their advertising revenue to the state to use to pay teachers, firemen and nurses more money? So what do we do then with people that stock shelves at Target, soldiers, accountants, etc?

These complaints are basically calling for global and arbitrary income redistribution purely because some people cant handle other people having more material objects than them. At least call it what it is and just say “time to usher in communism so no one gets to have more cool stuff than someone else”. And ironically under communism the civil servants tend to be the most corrupt and vacuum up the most wealth (so much for fair distribution)

11. Lindsey Donivan says:

I grew up in Fairfield County, & I do recall a certain amount of good-natured spite directed towards Greenwich (and New Canaan) THOSE PEOPLE were all rich yuppie douchebags, not like we salt of the earth folks in Wilton & Ridgefield, lol. Then my parents got divorced and all the money was gone, & we lived in a shithole (we’re white, but they let us live there anyhow)- y’know because life’s not fair. get over it.

12. wake up whiner says:

Seriously? Ms. Secret whines because Hasselbeck is WHITE and rich? Then goes on to say life isn’t fair because only WHITE people are rich and have nice things? WHOOPIE??? The majority of hosts on ESPN, players on pro-teams, do I need to mention all the minority celebrities? How about the minority CEO’s? How about the president? There are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of RICH minorities!You are nothing but a whining, lazy, jealous and uninformed moron. Stop being jealous and do something with your life. You are dead wrong.

13. secret says:

I think that life is not fair. only the white people have all the nice things, while everyone else is in the shithole. I don’t like elisabeth she a very stuck up person. the reason she has the money is cause of her husband not her.

14. Feather says:

Hey, why don’t you jealous people use your brains to earn as much money as she has?

15. Pat says:

You people are so limited in intellect. Without Elizabeth, “The View” you would have no reasonable voice with the one exception of Whoopie

16. Janelle says:

so what – she’s gotta live somewhere. and she worked hard for it.

17. I wanted to send you that little bit of word to finally thank you so much the moment again relating to the extraordinary knowledge you have shared here. This has been certainly extremely generous of people like you to grant publicly exactly what many of us could have distributed as an e-book to help with making some cash for their own end, most importantly given that you could have tried it in case you decided. Those techniques also worked to provide a good way to understand that someone else have the identical desire really like my personal own to know the truth lots more when considering this issue. I am sure there are many more pleasant situations ahead for individuals that find out your site.

18. Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome site!

19. A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit evaluation on this. And he in actual fact purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you grow to be expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this blog submit!

20. Celiac says:

While I don’t watch The View, and it seems she has a very cushy job, it should be known to all of you who are so judgemental in a comments section, that she is the face of Celiac disease which is growing rapidly in our country. I have a young daughter diagnosed with Celiac, and with Mrs. Hasselbeck’s help, many many people including doctors are now aware of the disease and its effect on people. I am happy to have the Hasselbeck’s in Greenwich and hope to run into Elisabeth to thank her.

21. Gee says:

this world really isn’t fair… she sits at a table 5 days a week and gossips and can buy such a beautiful home! I am saving peoples lives in a hospital and she probably would wipe her butt with my salary! I swear, this world is upside down!

22. nippet 1 says:

I am an Intensive Care Nurse , I have very sick peoples lives in my hands everyday , I work my butt off doing 13+ hour shifts , picking up as many extra shifts as a can just to break 100K a year. It kills me to see someone like this little priss to have all this for just sitting there for an hour a day giving her useless opinions about life. What the hell does she know about it? It just proves once again the wacked out sense of whats important in this world.
    A football or basketball player makes millions of dollars a year to play a friggin game , believe me folks , we in the ICU are not playing any games!!!

23. nippet 1 says:

Little miss lucky doesn’t seem to be affected by the economy does she now? Seems to me for someone to drop $4 million on a house (not counting the cost of the furnishings)she really doesn’t give a good hot damn about all the poor people with no jobs and no money in this country , as long as she and her family have theirs!!!

24. truth and justice says:

This chick is a smokin’ hot beauty!! She makes the other oinks on “The View” look like old dirty dishrags, especially that used up old hag – Whoopie.

25. Connie Lingus says:

She does have a nice Body, will she go without a bathing suit in her new Pool?

26. benjamin dover says:

what a joke

27. Mary says:

Welcome to Greenwich !

28. William says:

and just what is it she does to afford a 4 million dollar home? Oh yes she voices opinions on a TV show. So take that you underachieving fire fighters, policeman, teachers and anyone else who actually contributes something worthwhile to our society.

29. Joey says:

Dear Ms Hasselbeck

Welcome to Connecticut and please ignore those nattering nabobs of negativism like Darline, Mary and Amy. They are simply jealous!

30. Darlene says:

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. James B says:

Welcome to Greenwich.

Ignore envy of other posts probably not from Greenwich or bought before the decline.

32. Mary P says:

She is Annoying! And self centered. All other hosts on the View are
    Great!

33. Amy says:

Must be nice! She gets paid way too much – not fair.