Extra! Extra! Get all your live scoring updates, and playoff point updates, right here.
It’s all hands on deck for the staff of Hearst-Connecticut Newspapers — the Connecticut Post, the Danbury News-Times, the Stamford Advocate and Greenwich Time. We’ll be at nearly every single game in the Southwest Connecticut region for our biggest live scoring blog of the season.
If you’re at home, just click the window below to follow along on everything that’s happening across the state: who’s scoring, who’s winning, whose playoff hopes are alive, whose playoff dreams are dead — from 7 a.m. until closing time when all the points are tabulated and all the playoff teams are accounted for.
We’ll have as many people out there. But we can’t be everywhere: if you’re going to a game, and want to join in our live scoring updates, use a Twitter account and send your updates through your mobile phone. Remember, you must put #ctfb at the end of your tweets for it to show up. Try to limit your entries to scoring updates and a final score.
With everybody using #ctfb, you can get updates from your phone, as well by searching #ctfb on Twitter.
While your Turkey bakes, just click the window below, sit back and enjoy. Look below for the internet and radio broadcast schedules.
You can also listen to several broadcasts online while you follow along:
THE 59TH GREEN BOWL – NOTRE DAME AT HAMDEN, 10:30 a.m. — WAVZ 1300-AM ESPNRadio1300.com
- This is “The Coach” George DeMaio‘s famous Thanksgiving Extravaganza. He and his son Matt (an accountant in Stamford ;) will broadcast the game and, afterward, friends Steve Kirck and other special guests will stay on the air until every playoff team is accounted for. Frankly, it doesn’t get any better than right here.
- You can also watch this game live on GoGreenKnights.com
GREENWICH AT STAPLES, 10:30 a.m. – Couple places to choose from.
- The game is being broadcast LIVE on the Madison Square Garden Network (not MSGVarsity). Should be easy to find. Mike Quick, Jimmy Cavallo… the whole MSG High School gang will be in the house for this instant classic.
- WGCH 1490-AM (wgch.com) – Veteran Rob Adams and the WGCH gang will also be at the game. They know everything you need to know about this game, this rivalry, and the state implications surrounding it.
- Wreckers Radio — WWPT 90.3-FM The Student station at Staples High School. If you bleed Blue and White, check these up-and-comers out. They do a fantastic job.
HOLY CROSS AT WOLCOTT, 10:30 — WATR 1320-AM (watr.com)
- Bob Sagendorf and Steve Gesseck are the best local game broadcasters in all of Connecticut. Sagendorf was a longtime ESPN employee and Gesseck knows the NVL better than anyone. Make sure you put them on to find out those precious St. Joseph and Bullard-Havens scenarios.
STAMFORD AT WESTHILL, 10 a.m. — WSTC 1400-AM; WNLK 1350-AM (wstcwnlk.com)
- Matt Levine and his crew have seen just about every FCIAC team this season. So who better to give you the inside look at the city championship? They do a great job getting as much information as possible for listeners.
NORTH HAVEN AT AMITY, 10 a.m. — Sportingnewsct.com
- Ah, my alma mater is on the internet. Don Boyle‘s Sportingnewsct.com is the standard-bearer of all internet sports radio around here. They’ll have their fingers on the pulse of what’s going down at this game and others across the SCC. Sportingnewsct.com is also broadcasting the Green Bowl in conjunction with GoGreenKnights.