Open your doors or windows. Look outside. Take a deep breath.
Can you feel that twinge in the air? Can you smell it?
There’s a storm brewing. A few of them, in fact.
It’s brewing on the shores of Madison, where West Haven and Hand clash in (yet another) huge SCC game. It’s brewing in Middletown, where Hillhouse is marching into Palmer Field for a date with No. 1 Xavier. It’s coalescing in Brookfield, where the hometown Bobcats engage with Newtown in a fight for their playoff lives. And, of course, it’s massing in Westport where premier FCIAC clubs Staples and Darien are set to collide.
For the less poetic of you out there, we have a literal storm, too. One (depending on where you live), could bring gobs of the white fluffy stuff. Yes, snow. (To the many of you freaking out about snow at this time of year, where I went to school, we called this phenomenon “October.”)
Anyway, it could get tough out there. So be safe. That includes anybody out and about during this storm Saturday.
A couple of Saturday games have already been bumped up to account for the weather: New Fairfield at Weston and Barlow at Oxford are now at 10 a.m.
Here’s your Week 7 primer:
Harding coach James Morris remains suspended for undisclosed reasons and will not coach Saturday’s game vs. Norwalk. Bridgeport citywide athletic director Jim Denton did not respond to a phone call seeking further information Thursday night. We’ll have more on this as more details arise.
Also: Joe Acquanita, Brookfield’s standout linebacker, will not play vs. Newtown on Friday. He was ejected during the late stages of Brookfield’s game against Bunnell last week.
Here are other stories appearing in today’s Hearst CT Newspapers:
- Thursday night football: Seymour holds off Wilby in thriller
- Chisholm, Vazquez star for 6-0 Bunnell
- Stakes are high for Staples, Darien clash
- FCIAC notes: QB Vega a game-time decision for McMahon
On The Air
- Notre Dame-WH at Wilbur Cross, Friday, 3 — sportingnewsct.com OR gogreenknights.com
- Naugatuck at Woodland, Friday, 7 — WATR 1320-AM (watr.com)
- Westhill at Greenwich, Saturday, 1 — WGCH 1490-AM (wgch.com)
- New Canaan at Wilton – or- Friday, 7 — WSTC 1400-AM/WNLK 1350-AM (wstcwnlk.com)
- West Haven at Hand, Friday, 7 — WELI 960-AM (960weli.com)
(check here for latest postponements)