Which high school football teams will be participating in spring practices later this month? The CIAC announced the official list this weekend.
For the most part, it’s an even split between the spring schools and those opting for additional practice days in August.
Spring practice schools get 10 days of practice time (including three initial mandatory conditioning practices without pads) and can start any time between May 25 and the school’s summer closing. Spring practice schools are therefore not allowed to begin their 2012 conditioning until Aug. 22 and can only begin full-pad practices on Aug. 27.
Summer practice schools are allowed to begin conditioning on Aug. 17 and full-pad practices on Aug. 23.
Here’s the list of the 75 spring football schools, sorted by regional leagues first and working backward.
- FCIAC (16 of 19): Bassick, Central, McMahon, Darien, Danbury, Ludlowe, Warde, Greenwich, Harding, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Staples, Trumbull, Westhill, Wilton.
- SWC (7 of 14): Bunnell, Barlow, Masuk, New Fairfield, New Milford, Newtown, Weston.
- SCC (13 of 19): Amity, Branford, Cheshire, Hand, Hamden, Hillhouse, Lyman Hall, North Haven, Sheehan, Shelton, West Haven, Wilbur Cross, Xavier.
- NVL (10 of 14): Ansonia, Crosby, Holy Cross, Kennedy, Naugatuck, Sacred Heart, St. Paul, Torrington, Wilby, Woodland.
- CSC (1 of 10): O’Brien Tech
- CCC (14 of 32): Berlin, Bristol Central, Fermi, Farmington, Maloney, Manchester, New Britain, Platt, Rockville, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Southington, Tolland, Wethersfield.
- ECC (6 of 15): Bacon Academy, Windham, East Lyme, Griswold, Montville, Stonington,
- Pequot (8 of 22): Coginchaug, Coventry/Windham Tech, Ellington/Somers, Enfield, Hyde, Lewis Mills, Valley Regional/Old Lyme, Windsor Locks/Suffield/East Granby
For the full list, including the summer practices schools, click here and scroll down.