Week 3 began as a mess with rain, rain and more rain fudging with the schedules.
But there was football played Friday night and there were a few intriguing results, especially up north, where nary a drop fell after kickoff.
Along Route I-84, Tyler Hassett and Weston hit a landmark victory when they rallied back to defeat Pomperaug for the first time in school history.
Ridgefield suspended quarterback Connor Rowe, but still defeated Stamford 24-7.
Meanwhile, in the underwater league (aka, SCC): West Haven defeated Notre Dame-WH. Hand handled Cheshire. Foran defeated Sheehan. Guilford hammered Lyman Hall. Hillhouse took care of Branford.
- CSC: Putnam/Tourtellotte/Ellis Tech at Platt Tech, Saturday, 4:30
- FCIAC: Ridgefield 24, Stamford 7 | Wilton at Bassick, ppd Saturday, 10:30 | Danbury at Central, ppd Saturday, 11 | Staples 55, McMahon 14 | Fairfield Ludlowe at Trumbull, ppd Saturday, 10
- NVL: Wolcott at Crosby | Holy Cross at Torrington, ppd. Saturday, 10 a.m. | St. Paul Catholic at Naugatuck, ppd Saturday, 7:30
- SCC: Hand 35, Cheshire 7 | West Haven 34, ND-West Haven 13 | Amity at Shelton, ppd. Saturday, 1:30 | Fairfield Prep at Xavier, ppd Saturday, 7 | Foran 26, Sheehan 7 | Hillhouse 32, Branford 18 | Guilford 56, Lyman Hall 7 | Law at Hamden, Saturday, noon
- SWC: ND-Fairfield at Barlow, ppd. Saturday, 4 | Bunnell at New Fairfield, ppd. Monday, 6 | Immaculate at Masuk, ppd. Saturday, 7 | Newtown vs. Stratford at Bunnell HS, ppd. Saturday, 10 | Oxford at Bethel, ppd. Saturday, 7 | Weston 21, Pomperaug 20
For a full schedule that updates automatically, check the CIAC here.
Plenty of games Saturday, follow the live blog for more.