So if any of you caught CPTV Sports’ GameTime show with John Holt and Joe Zone on Thursday night, you might have seen the guys interviewing a dashing young man about what’s what through six weeks of the 2012 high school football season.
And after Wolcott’s QB extraordinaire Mike Nicol left the set with coach Jason Pace, it was suddenly my turn to jump in the hot seat.
The guys and I glazed over some Masuk and Newtown in the SWC, Staples in the FCIAC and who I’m voting No. 1 in the weekly state polls. We also [GASP!] talked about the recent breakage of the ‘Score Management’ policy by NFA coach Jemal Davis.
I know, I know. We’re sick of that last part. New Canaan coach Lou Marinelli has reiterated his stand on the topic. Some people even want guys like me to drop the subject entirely. (Hint: I cannot. Will not.)
Anyway, I love the GameTime show, which appears on CPTV Sports (check local listings). It was a lot of fun I appreciate the guys for having me. Nobody in TV land covers Connecticut high school football like John and Joe. You can catch them on CPTV and every Friday with their Friday Night Football show on WFSB-3.
Onward to Week 7:
- Ludlowe football coach McCloskey to resign New
- Greenwich’s McMurray is Cardinals’ most versatile weapon
- Cardillo: Look to the spread offense as reason for many blowouts
- Ruden: ‘Football with Frannie’ now part of New Canaan tradition
- Staples presents challenges for Darien
- Foran enjoys time off with winning streak
- Week 7 regional games to watch
- SPB’s Elite 8 for Week 7
- Guide to Week 7′s Games
- State Playoff Rankings (CIACSports)
- Ned Griffen’s Lonesome Polecat: Early State Playoff Breakdown
- Ned Griffen on MaxPreps: New Canaan finally headed in right direction