A look back at who did what in Week 10 of the regional high school football season. Compiled by Gary Rogo and the Hearst Connecticut Sports Staff.
- Arkeel Newsome, Ansonia: Junior returned to greatness after being slowed by an ankle injury, rushing for 222 yards and four touchdowns in a 56-26 demolition of Woodland in the NVL championship game.
- Alex Lockwood, Barlow: Ran for 175 yards and two TDs on 18 carries in a 29-22 victory over Brookfield.
- Kyle Jordan and Trevon Forney, McMahon: Jordan ran for 281 yards and 4 TDs and Foreny added 138 yards and 2 TDs in 47-26 defeat of Stamford.
- Dylan McAllister, Pomperaug: Rushed for 146 yards and scored TD runs of 30 and 16 yards in a 18-6 victory over New Fairfield.
- Brennen Diaz, Oxford: 15-for-23 with 164 yards and three TDs as the Wolverines improved to 7-2 with a 35-12 defeat of Bunnell.
- Nick Cascione and Teddy Bossidy, New Canaan: Very effective QB tandem in 49-7 rout of Trumbull that clinched Class L playoff berth. Cascione was 6 of 10 for 120 yards and 1 TD pass and rushed for 77 yards and 2 scores. Bossidy was 5 of 7 for 112 yards and 1 TD pass while rushing for 21 more yards.
- Henry Baldwin, Darien: Threw 3 TD passes – two to Peter Geusaldi (14, 52 yards) – in 48-20 romp over Bassick.
- Matt White, Ludlowe: Ran for a game-tying 64-yard TD, then passed 8 yards to Steve Zadravec for an overtime TD in a 21-20 victory over Norwalk, the Falcons’ third straight victory.
- Chris Vankamerik, Oxford: Caught 8 passes for 99 yards and two TDs to help take down Bunnell.
- Tim Maher, Law: QB ran for 126 yards and two TDs on seven carries and added 101 yards and two TD throws on 4-of-5 passing in a 60-27 rout of Plainfield.
- Jake Pelletier, St. Joseph: Ran for a 1-yard TD, caught a 15-yard pass from Jordan Vazzano for a second score, threw a 52-yard TD to Denzel Moscova on a razzle-dazzle play and kicked 7 PATs as the Cadets put themselves in position to clinch a Class M playoff berth with a 49-14 rout of Trinity Catholic.
- Austin Longi, Greenwich: Returned an interception 47 yards for a TD and returned a punt 30 yards for a second score as the Cardinals ripped Danbury 54-8, in the process securing berths in the state playoffs and the FCIAC title game.
- Kyle Chudoba, Oxford: Two interceptions against Bunnell, including one he returned 20 yards for a TD.
- Brad Swain, Masuk: Senior LB set the tone on the Panthers’ first series on defense, tackling a Weston ballcarrier for a 2-yard loss and on the next play hauling down the QB to force a fumble which Masuk recovered