Welcome to High School Football Thanksgiving Day Central: Thursday edition.
Happy Thanksgiving and what can we tell you this morning?
- Cooper Gold ran for 222 yards and Newtown toppled Masuk to claim its first SWC Championship since 1997
- St. Joseph punched its Class M playoff ticket with a rout of Trumbull.
- Oxford is 8-2, and praying for a few teams to lose to squeak into the Class S playoffs
- Woodland’s Tanner Kingsley set a single-game state passing record
- Ridgefield routed Danbury, it’s praying for a playoff berth | Bunnell beat Stratford | Notre Dame-Fairfield defeated Immaculate |
Here’s where you’ll get everything you need to know for surrounding Thanksgiving football week:
Game previews? We have you covered:
Follow the ever-changing match on the CIAC’s H.A.L. Playoff Supercomputer, which will update in real time for the remainder of the day. It will say who has clinched and who hasn’t as the scores come in.
If your school goes green, welcome to the playoffs.
Here are the latest Team Hearst previews
- Staples, Greenwich ready for FCIAC title showdown
- Coaches break down the FCIAC championship
- New Canaan hopes to extend Turkey Bowl streak vs. Darien
- Trinity Catholic praying for win, playoff berth
- Stamford, Westhill set to clash
- Westhill forfeits 4 games | Dave Ruden: Vikings remain upbeat
For those stuck at home, we have some options:
You can listen to WELI 960-AM for “The Coach” George DeMaio’s Thanksgiving Eve Extravaganza here. He’ll be covering the Fairfield Prep-West Haven game, but won’t leave the pres box until all the Thanksgiving scores are in and the playoffs are set.
Meanwhile, if you’re a bit more anxious, can follow ALL the scores on the live blog below, or check these links for individual games.
FCIAC Championship: Staples-Greenwich | Central-Harding | Law-Foran | Derby-Shelton | Warde-Ludlowe | Bethel-Brookfield | Abbott Tech-Wolcott Tech | Trinity Catholic vs. Wilton | New Canaan vs. Darien | Norwalk-McMahon | Stamford-Westhill
Full Live Updates