Hearst Connecticut’s sports staff rates the top regional high school football programs (first-place votes in parentheses):
- NEW CANAAN (6-0) (7): Trip to Staples a big test for the Rams.
- ANSONIA (6-0) (3): Scoring over 50 points a game, good luck Wolcott.
- ST. JOSEPH (6-0): If Cadets avoid looking past Trinity, New Canaan looms.
- NEWTOWN (6-0): Nighthawks look more and more locked in every week.
- DARIEN (5-1): Any chance at playoffs depends on beating Ridgefield first.
- SHELTON (5-1): Gaels hosting red-hot Hand in SCC showdown.
- BARLOW (5-1): Lone loss to Newtown, otherwise Barlow has rolled.
- STAPLES (5-1): FCIAC, Class LL playoffs could be on the line for Wreckers vs. New Canaan.
— Scott Ericson
Receiving votes: Masuk (4-2), Ridgefield (5-1), Fairfield Prep (4-2)
Members of the Hearst Connecticut staff who were balloted: Doug Bonjour, Chris Brodeur, Scott Ericson, Dave Fierro, Rich Gregory, Ryan Lacey, Chris McNamee, Geno Moretti, Gary Rogo and Reid Walmark.