After taking your responses and the city’s geography into account, an official wing itinerary has been created for this Sunday, Aug. 21. Below you’ll find our schedule, as well as price info. Don’t freak about having to buy a bucket o’ wings at each place. There will be plenty of people willing to pool for the course of the afternoon.
The Lunchbreak Chronicles’ first Wing Crawl will include the following stops:
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at Seaside Tavern, 891 Cove Road. Seaside, which is often called Jimmy’s, has 18 different sauces, which means we’ll have our hands full reviewing this stop. Plus, who doesn’t love a good Sunday afternoon round of shuffleboard? Wings are $9 for 10 wings, plus other large sampling sizes.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Tiernan’s, 187 Main Street. This is the first of four stops that are all within walking distance of each other, so find a place to park your car and roll up your sleeves for a saucy Sunday. Wings are $7.95 for 10, or $11.95 for 20.
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Bobby V’s, 225 Main Street. The wings here are really crispy, and they serve ‘em up with homemade blue cheese. Wings are $6.99 for 10, or $13.25 for 20.
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Bradford’s Grill & Tavern, 83 Bedford Street. Bradford’s hosts Sunday Funday every week, which means they’ll have Happy Hour prices. Wings are 50 cents each.
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Brickhouse Bar & Grill, 244 Bedford Street. The owner, Danny, assured me these will be the best wings we try all day, but I think we’ll be the judge of that. Wings are $8 for 10, $14 for 20 and $21 for 30.
When you show up, just ask for me, Maggie, and I’ll give you your official score card, where you’ll mark your scores for texture, flavor, meatiness, atmosphere and overall experience.
May the best wings win!