The Lunch Break Chronicles

with Chris Preovolos

First taste: Norwalk’s New Haven slice

JOHN DOUGH’S PIZZA BAR: 77 NORTH MAIN STREET, NORWALK

Last month, Chris and I took a brief tour of the upcoming New Haven pizza joint in Norwalk. Chris is currently “stuck” honeymooning in Spain, but a few of us got a chance to try some of the pies. They are as legit as their siblings at Behind the Net in Darien. Our group was split between favoring the meat lover’s and buffalo chicken pies.

Look for them to open early this week.

Categories: food, pizza
Brett Mickelson

1. Norwalk Resident says:

Long wait…greasy pizza. Letitia’s is better.

2. Jim Tran says:

Went on a dead night with a group of friends, took OVER 1 hour to order 3 pizzas. Owner came out and apologized, the owner AGREED to pay for our pizzas if we over tipped the server. After we OVER tipped the server, the owner tracked us down on the sidewalk and persuaded us to pay for full bill + our generous tip.

Absolutely HORRIBLE service and ownership. I will be sure everyone reads this before they go there. Put this company out of business, they are clueless.

3. Paul says:

I know Chef Derek personally, and he has a lot of experience in the restaurant business. He told me that his partner has inspired and motivated him to provide the best dining experience possible. With that attitude I believe that they will be successful. Good luck

4. JCG says:

Looks fabulous. Great toppings are important, but in my book it all boils down to crust and sauce. Can’t wait to check this one out. Thanks for the info.

5. Shannon says:

I couldn’t agree with you more Jessica! They will be a huge success–Derek’s pizza is the best!!

6. Jessica says:

The place looks great :) There has been a lot of hard work and time that has been put into this pizza bar and I am very excited it finally is open to the public! I wish them all the success in the world and I have had Derek’s pizza for many years…and it is amazing!