On January 1, 2014, at 12:01 a.m.,the states Department of Energy and Environmental Protection will begin accepting requests for limited-access permits to hunt deer with shotguns on specific state lands.
Hunters may apply for permits on-line or at the following DEEP locations (Mondays through Fridays, during regular office hours):
· DEEP Licensing and Revenue – 79 Elm St., Hartford (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· DEEP Bookstore – 79 Elm St., Hartford (9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
· Franklin Wildlife Management Area – 391 Route 32, North Franklin (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area – 341 Milford St. (Route 69), Burlington (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Eastern District HQ – 209 Hebron Rd. (Route 66), Marlborough (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Marine HQ – 333 Ferry Rd., Old Lyme (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
· Western District HQ – 230 Plymouth Rd, Harwinton (8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
The DEEP system allows hunters to know immediately whether they were selected for the limited access area of choice. Available areas and seasons are listed in the 2014 Connecticut Hunting and Trapping Guide and on the DEEP website (www.ct.gov/deep/hunting).
Successful applicants will be able to purchase their permit immediately or at a later date. All permits must be purchased by June 30, 2014, the date the Instant Award sales end. As in the past, hunters may apply as an individual or as a member of a group. Up to four hunters will be allowed on group applications. Applicants will be able to specify up to six areas and also indicate their preference for the “A” or “B” season.
Starting on July 15, 2014, unissued permits will be made available for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis. Individuals who have NOT already purchased an Instant Award limited access permit or other state land deer permit will be able to purchase these permits on-line or at any of the above-listed DEEP locations.
More detailed information about the new lottery system and instructions for applying are on the DEEP website at www.ct.gov/deep/DeerLottery.