State Police officials have informed the families of those killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School that their lengthy, several thousand page report on the investigation will be released Friday, The News-Times has learned.
Family members received an email from state police officials Thursday notifying them that the report would be publicly available at Friday around 3 p.m.
Some family member said they were angered about the announcement, particularly because relatives had been promised in the past they would have an opportunity to review the report before its release.
However, the email from state police said that wasn’t possible.
“We are not allowed to distribute them (the reports) to you until the report is released publicly tomorrow at 3 p.m.,:” the email, a copy of which was obtained by The News-Times, states. “We apologize for this, please know we have fought this on your behalf, however, our efforts were unsuccessful.”
The email, which was signed by State Police Det. Rachael Van Ness, also states that the release of the report will mark the conclusion of the state police investigation into the shooting, and that the document will contain “some” photographs as well as some of the 911 calls received from State Police on Dec. 14.