Gov. Malloy orders flags to fly at half-staff Saturday in honor of Newtown dead

Governor Dannel P. Malloy and Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman today ordered state and U.S. flags to half-staff tomorrow to commemorate the 20 children and six adults last year at Sandy Hook Elementary
Categories: General

Candlelight vigil on Newtown shooting

The Interfaith Clergy Association of Westport and Weston will conduct a Candlelight Vigil on Saturday from 6:00-6:30 PM to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School
Categories: General

Journalist Brian Koonz discusses media coverage of Newtown shootings

Connecticut Post metro editor Brian Koonz appeared on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” on Sunday to discuss the media’s coverage of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, including whether the national
Categories: General

Sen. Blumenthal speaks out on Sandy Hook 911 recordings

This is a quick transcript from CNN’s The Lead with Jake Tappan:   “JAKE TAPPER, CNN HOST: I want to bring in Senator Richard Blumenthal, Democrat of Connecticut, for his reaction to the tragedy
Categories: General

Local rabbi says “timing stinks” on 911 release

Rabbi Shaul Praver of Congregation Adath Israel in Newtown has not listened to the publicized 911 emergency tapes from the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, nor does he know that he will. What he does
Categories: General

Sandy Hook parents shuns 911 tapes

Sandy Hook father Andrew Paley was in a Pittsburgh airport restaurant Wednesday afternoon when the television screen above him advised of a news announcement about the release of the 911 tapes from
Categories: General

Victim father asks that anniversary be marked with kindness

In Neil Heslin’s mind, the best way to honor the 26 Sandy Hook Elementary School victims is to be good to one another. Be it buying a cup of coffee for another person in line at Dunkin’ Donuts, or
Categories: General

Father of victim hopes tape release ends chaos and politics around tragedy

Sandy Hook Elementary School father Neil Heslin, whose six-year-old son Jesse Lewis was one of the 20 child victims in the mass slaying on Dec. 14, said he would have preferred the 911 emergency tapes
Categories: General