Overtime

Dave Ruden offers news, commentary and analysis on the FCIAC and local sports

Fortt, Redd To Blog From San Antonio

Recent graduates Khairi Fortt of Stamford High School and Silas Redd of King left today for San Antonio, to begin practice for Saturday’s prestigious U.S. Army All-American Bowl, which will be broadcast on NBC at 1 p.m.

With the coordination of the public relations people down there, both Fortt and Redd are going to be blogging, sending brief postcards home, during the week. There will also be pictures of both players.

I will get you more details as we set things up.

In the meantime, here is a column I wrote on the two players in today’s paper.

1. Dave Ruden says:

It is becoming more so. It gives high-level football players the chance to both get a head start with an offseason of training with the team and to start taking classes toward their degrees.

2. CraigD says:

Dave – quick question. I was surprised that both Fortt and Redd graduated in Dec. Assuming this is after 3 and a half years of HS, is this common?

3. Full Disclosure says:

Dave,

Thanks for sharing the success stories of both of these fine young men. Stamford has a lot to be proud of. I am sure that both will enjoy their time with Joe Pa down at Penn State. Great selection of a program !

4. Dave Ruden says:

Please do. I know there are several local players going down and we hope they end up with the same opportunities as Khairi and Silas.

5. evette dixon says:

My son Shawn Robinson #82 (wide reciever)- Junior @ Trinity Catholic High School – Stamford, CT has been invited to San Antonio to act in the U.S. Army All-Americans try outs. We are leaving Stamford this Wednesday Jan 6 and will return on Sunday Jan 11.

We will keep you posted if he make it back to the Bowl game next year.