I went 3-1 yet again this week. If Fairfield Prep could’ve converted on a two-point conversion (or kicked the extra point and won in overtime) I would’ve gone perfect.
Instead, 3-1 will have to do, yet again.
McMahon 42, Ludlowe 14- The Falcons are finding ways to score points. They’re just not able to stop anybody. Ludlowe takes on Staples on Saturday at 10 a.m. Maybe the Wreckers will still be sleeping?
Amity 14, Prep 13- CJ Donohue needs to make better decisions (and better throws) if Prep is going to upset some of these teams. The Jesuits have the running game, they have the defense. They even have the knack for coming up with a big play or two, they just need their QB to get out of the way.
Warde 41, Trinity Catholic 40- I saw this score and my jaw dropped. Good for the Mustangs to show some guts and steal a game in Stamford, especially down 40-27 with 2:41 left in the game. This win should be a huge lift for Warde, who is now 3-3 and 2-2 in the conference. However, St. Joseph is calling on Saturday.
Oxford 34, ND 12- Bad gets worse for the Lancers. Up next: Bunnell. Yikes.
My Bill Gonillo 5
Tim Parry’s FCIAC Football Blog offers sportswriters (like myself) to vote in the weekly Bill Gonillo 5. Here is my poll for this week:
1. Masuk (6-0). The Panthers suddenly look really good given what happened to Trumbull and New Canaan this week, don’t they?
2. Staples (6-0). Ho hum, the Wreckers are undefeated through six games.
3. Darien (6-0). Really? 21-20 over a team from Delaware? I guess a win is a win.
4. New Canaan (5-1). Lost by one point to St. Joes with Matakevich. Can’t punish the Rams too much.
5. Ridgefield (5-1). Does anyone else notice that this team only loses to Staples?
6. St. Joseph (4-2). Don’t look now, but the Cadets are back. Tyler Matakevich is the difference and he’s healthy. Look out FCIAC.
Follow me on Twitter for more quips and updates. As always, take good care.