Inevitably when I announce I won’t be posting here because I’m taking days off, some reader argues the timing is lousy because there’s so much news coming out of Hartford.
So for those of you who are wondering why I’m taking some time off now, while Democratic Governor Dannel Malloy is still selling his plan for addressing the historic $3.2 billion deficit, here are a handful of options to mull over:
1. The governor wants to tax yoga, so I’ve quit my classes, which is really stressing me out.
2. I’m scouting new out-of-state harbors where I can dock my yacht, since the governor also wants to slap a tax on that.
3. Seeing the governor get yelled at by angry taxpayers during the town hall meetings he’s been hosting to discuss his budget is really stressing me out.
4. I want to take my reporter’s hat off for a week so I can attend a few of these budget forums to yell at the governor about his proposed tax hikes.
5. I’m thinking about entering the race to replace U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman in 2012 and need a week to consult with family and friends and to decide whether to run as a Democrat, a Republican, an independent or a third-party candidate.
6. Former Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz offered to send me away for a week on a free vacation to keep me from challenging her for Lieberman’s seat in 2012, because, frankly, she’s scared of me.
7. None of the above. Just wish me a happy vacation and please resume reading this blog when I’m back at work on March 31.