Days after New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie took verbal shots at Gov. Dannel Malloy, there’s a good chance the two will meet face to face this weekend at the National Governors’ Association conference. Christie serves on the executive committee of the NGA so maybe he can personally give Malloy that governor’s owners manual.
Malloy is also attending conferences this weekend of the Democratic Governors Association and according to the news release issued by his office Friday, he plans to meet with President Obama three times over the next three days:
GOV. MALLOY IN WASHINGTON FOR GOVERNORS’ CONFERENCES; WILL ATTEND EVENTS/MEETINGS WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA THREE TIMES
(Hartford, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy and First Lady Cathy Malloy traveled to Washington D.C. early Friday morning for the annual National Governors Association (NGA) and Democratic Governors Association (DGA) meetings taking place Friday through Monday. These conferences allow sitting governors and first ladies the opportunity to talk with governors from all parties about best practices for creating new jobs, ideas to help stabilize the economy, and the shared challenges leading their respective states. In addition to his two meetings with President Obama and other governors, Governor and Mrs. Malloy will attend an evening event on Sunday night at the White House with President and Mrs. Obama.
“This is an excellent opportunity to ensure the President, White House officials, cabinet secretaries and other governors from across the country understand the issues Connecticut is facing and how we can partner to improve the state and the country,” said Governor Malloy. “I’ve made no secret of the fact that I plan on being in Washington often, and this weekend is packed with meetings, panels and seminars, and the chance to speak with other governors and officials about the ways in which we can help each other.”
The Governor left early Friday morning and will return on Monday.
Highlights of the conferences include:
· DGA Governors meet with Senior White House Officials and Cabinet Secretaries
· DGA Governors meet with President Obama
· Governor Malloy participates in two panels, focused on building a modern and innovative workforce, and making our states more competitive by building on local strengths
· NGA working lunch with Governors
· Meeting with DGA Chair Governor Martin O’Malley
· Governor Malloy appears on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday show with Candy Crowley
· NGA Economic Development and Commerce Committee meeting
· NGA Health and Human Services Committee meeting
· NGA Evening with President and Mrs. Obama
· NGA Governors meet with President Obama