After much anticipation, Ives Concert Park has announced the first five artists slated to perform in its 2013 Summer Concert Series. The venue, located on the Western Connecticut State University Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury, has featured a wide variety of performers representing all eras and genres of music for nearly 40 years. Now, thanks to a new partnership with New York-based promoter The Bowery Presents, the summer line-up is starting to take shape.
All shows are rain or shine and tickets for the five shows announced are on sale, at ticketmaster.com. Additional shows and ticket sale dates will be announced soon.
Scheduled to perform are:
• moe. with the Wood Brothers at 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 1 Reserved tickets are $35; lawn tickets are $20.
• Gov’t Mule at 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 2 Reserved tickets are $35; lawn tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on day of show.
• Tony Bennett at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 13 Reserved tickets are $86; lawn tickets are $36.
• Summerland Tour 2013 Alternative Guitars starring Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge at 8 p.m. on Friday, July 19 Reserved tickets are $35; lawn tickets are $20.
• Brandi Carlile at 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 20 Reserved tickets are $39.50; lawn tickets are $25.
A special two-show ticket has been created for the back-to-back moe. and Gov’t Mule shows on June 1 and 2. A reserved ticket for both nights will be $50 and a lawn ticket will be $30. Music-lovers who subscribe to the Ives “Backstage Buzz” e-newsletter will have the opportunity to purchase tickets one day before they go on sale to the general public. To sign up, visit the Ives Concert Park website at www.ivesconcertpark.com. For contests and announcements, follow Ives on Facebook at facebook.com/ivesconcertpark and Twitter at @IvesConcertPark.