Stamford Small Business Resource Center and SCORE will present a three-week Financial Projections Seminar at the Ferguson Library Main Library, located at the corner of Bedford and Broad Streets, Stamford. Meetings will take place on three consecutive Mondays, June 30, July 7 & July 14, from 6 to 8 p.m. Check-in starts at 5:30 p.m. (Participants must be able to commit to attending all three sessions.) Registration is required. Call 203 351-8221 or register online at www.fergusonlibrary.org.
Build the financial projections for your business. Over a three-week period in collaboration with other entrepreneurs, participants will work together to create projections. The seminar leader, Chad E. Brown, and other participants will provide feedback, ask probing questions, and offer suggestions. By the end of the three sessions participants should have a customized working projection model of their businesses.
- Tips and tricks for using Excel and other spreadsheet program
- “Best Practices” for developing financial models
- The key interconnection among the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- How to combine financial data, market data, and operational measures into powerful but simple models that enable entrepreneurs to plan, finance, and operate their businesses
- Objective, honest, unbiased feedback about your business from people with a variety of perspectives and experience
SCORE mentor Chad E. Brown was a Wall Street financial analyst and hedge fund manager for over 30 years. He developed financial models for hundreds of companies, public and private, large and small. In addition to founding his own fund management firm, he worked as an analyst for Kidder Peabody, Merrill Lynch, Drexel Burnham, Bank of Montreal, and Citibank. He is the founder of Peer Wisdom Groups, which facilitates mastermind groups for entrepreneurs and self-employed people.
Supported by the Friends of The Ferguson Library and generously funded by a grant from First County Bank Foundation.