Breaking: Tino’s night club voluntarily closes down for investigation

|

A spokeswoman for the State Department of Consumer Protection’s Liquor Control Division just told The Advocate that Tino’s night club on West Park Place is closed.

“The Department and the local police had a discussion today and spoke with the permittee for Tino’s and the permittee agreed to put his permit under temporary voluntary suspension, meaning he is closed temporarily while the matter is under investigation,” Claudette Carveth said at about 3:30 p.m. Monday.

The night club will remain closed “for an indeterminate period of time,” likely for the duration of the investigation.

Tino’s is at the center of a storm this week after shots rang out outside the nightclub early Sunday morning, injuring five innocent bystanders. While the incident did not take place inside Tino’s, a physical altercation between three men who were previously inside the club occurred on the street outside, resulting in the alleged shooter being hit in the face with a fist before police say he opened fire.

The suspect, Dayron Wills, 22, of 300 Tresser Boulevard, is charged with five counts each of first-degree assault with a firearm, first degree reckless endangerment, unlawful discharge of a firearm, and possession of marijuana. He is being held on a $1 million bond.

We’ll have more on this story as it develops. In the mean time, read about the Sunday morning incident here.

Categories: General
Maggie Gordon

One Response

  1. JT says:

    Stay closed. We don’t need that in Stamford.