For New Fairfield First Selectman John Hodge, one trip to the darkness and devastation of Red Hook, Brooklyn, wasn’t nearly enough last week.
So Hodge and his army of volunteers will make another Hurricane Sandy relief run Friday, with collection sites set up in Danbury and New Fairfield on Thursday.
Five donated U-Haul trucks made the trip to Red Hook last week. Hodge said there could be twice as many trucks this time around.
“I can’t wait to do it again. We had a phenomenal day,” Hodge said. “We served hundreds of people. They really need our help. We can’t bring enough Pampers down there. They need everything, actually.”
Donations will be accepted Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
* City of Danbury parking lot, corner of Main Street and Kennedy Avenue
* Berkshire Broadcasting studios, 98 Mill Plain Road, Danbury
* Danbury Hyundai, 102 Federal Road
* Memorial Field parking lot, next to New Fairfield Town Hall
Red Hook families need all of the following items:
* Non-perishable food
* Water and blankets
* New socks and underwear
* Cleaning supplies, including mops, brooms and shovels
* Feminine products and other toiletry items
* Soap and shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste
* Toilet tissue and other paper products
* Flashlights and batteries
For more information, call Hodge’s office at 203-312-5600.