Remember those late summer days when it was so hazy, hot and humid that you felt like you were drowning in your clothes? When you wished that a big rain would come and just wash over everything and cool things down?
Today is going to be like that.
There is fog in low-lying areas and a small craft warning has been posted for Long Island Sound until 6 a.m. Tuesday, due to strong winds and rain associated with the remnants of a storm system moving into our area.
The temperature is 67 degrees in Bridgeport and Danbury at 6:30 a.m., with 91 percent humidity. It is 64 degrees and foggy at Oxford Airport. It’s all going downhill from here.
The temperature will top out at the mid- to upper 70s by mid afternoon.
Here’s the official National Weather Service forecast for Bridgeport and Stamford:
A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING. THE MAIN WEATHER HAZARDS WILL BE MODERATELY STRONG WINDS...HEAVY RAIN...AND A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 35 TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON. WITH A FULL CANOPY...THESE WINDS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DOWN SMALL BRANCHES OR WEAK TREES...AND LEAD TO ISOLATED POWER OUTAGES. A QUICK HALF TO ONE INCH OF RAINFALL WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS IS EXPECTED WITH THIS FRONT. THIS WILL LIKELY CAUSE SOME MINOR URBAN AND POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING PROBLEMS...WITH A LOCALIZED URBAN FLASH FLOOD THREAT. IN ADDITION...AN ORGANIZED LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS MAY DEVELOP AHEAD OF THE COLD FRONT. THE MAIN THREAT WITH AN ORGANIZED LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS OR ANY ISOLATED STRONGER STORMS WOULD BE DAMAGING WINDS. Once we make it through that, though, the rest of the week looks nicewith typical fall weather:
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 65. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.