- Who, when, whatever: Sound Tigers at Ice-O-Topes, Springfield Civic Center, 7:05 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the T-birds / Ryan Smith / Matt Wiernasz
- Box score: Sure, why not (R: Howard, Tapper; L: Cooke, Richetelle)
- Game notes: Bridgeport got a nice win Wednesday against Syracuse, with a couple of Ladd (St. Denis, Durandeau) goals. Kieffer Bellows scored yet again; that’s goals in four in a row and seven games out of nine. (Hey, Seven of Nine is a different sci-fi show) Bode Wilde was injured in the third period, though, going through the door to the visitors bench. David Quenneville came up from Worcester on Thursday. Wilde was to be reevaluated last we heard. We’ll see if Simon Holmstrom’s good to go, or if the injured list goes back up to eight. Will Josh Ho-Sang be ready? Dunno. Would figure it’s Ryan Haggerty’s Springfield debut, though, after the trade from Pittsburgh earlier this week.
- Meh, what else is going on: Pittsburgh called up Kevin Czuczman this morning; Dave Molinari called it insurance, but the Pens are in Edmonton and that’d be a haul to play one AHL game, so sorry to miss you tomorrow, Kevin. There’s a bit of local flavor for Team Canada at the Spengler Cup over in Switzerland: Andrew MacDonald, Dustin Jeffrey and David Desharnais are on the roster, for former Sound Tigers. Adam Tambellini, brother of a former Sound Tiger. And Justin Danforth fits both as a former Sound Tiger and a former Sacred Heart Pioneer. Meanwhile, no comment on the proceedings themselves, but if Wednesday’s announced attendance of 1,787 in Bridgeport wasn’t a Constitution joke on the day the House impeached a President, there’s some weird stuff in the air.
- Tip of cap: Sound Tigers director of community relations Alayne Murphy is moving on after nine years. Best to her in her next chapter.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: Tomorrow.
— Michael Fornabaio (@fornabaioctp) December 21, 2019