- Who, when, whatever: Sound Tigers at B-E-A-R-S, Giant Center, Derry Twp., Pa., 7 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Bears / Zack Fisch
- Box score: (nods) (R: Deckard, Waterstradt; L: DellaFranco, George)
- Isn’t George DellaFranco an assistant football coach in the Valley somewhere (It’d been a while since I did that, admit it. I let “Riley, Curtin” slide right on by the other night.)
- The old Hersheypark jingle said “so many things to see and do.” Name some: Tonight, Alan noted last night, should be Andrew Ladd’s 1000th professional game: 947 in the Show, 53 in the AHL. Tip of cap to him on a fine and ongoing run. If his teammates and he would like to break this winless streak at three, would probably be helpful for their long-term goals. They took a lead to the third last night in Binghamton (Colin McDonald’s first as a Sound Tiger since Jan. 24, 2015), but two Devils power-play goals did them in. (Binghamton got the last five power plays, four in the third; it scored on Nos. 7 and 8 out of nine, and the ninth came with 18 seconds left.) (Only because it was just in front of me: Bridgeport is 2-6-1-0 with referee Jordan Deckard since the start of last season.) So they’ve dropped back into that “worst start” territory: It’s 2013-14 they’re playing against for a while here now. That team was 13-18-1-4 through 36; this team is 13-18-4-1. So we go to the tiebreaker, and 2013-14 had three shootout wins at this point, and this Bridgeport team has only one. So it’s not the worst start in team history right now. (Throw your arms up sarcastically.) And it won’t be the worst first half, either, because the 2013-14 team lost its next two in regulation; cushion. The lines were a bit asunder last night; familiar, but tweaked. Was told Simon Holmstrom, like with Bobo Carpenter the other night, was scratched just to help ease him back into action. Ryan Bourque was scratched. Mason Jobst stepped back in. And we will, again, see if they do anything about pulling in a seventh defenseman for the weekend in Hershey.
- Scheduled Post, isn’t it: Maybe
- The names in that 1/24/15 box tho. Would Johan Sundstrom help right now even if it’d never happen: Maybe
- Meh, what else is going on: More high school hockey. But in non-high school hockey: Ben Thomson had never played an ECHL game before last night. It started OK. Worcester even won. The Railers are in Reading one more time tomorrow, then come home. And the Big Club visits John Tavares, or is that not a thing anymore?
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: Tomorrow (2/2).
D: Helgeson (A)-Quenneville