- Who, when, whatever: P-Broons at Sound Tigers, Arena at Harbor Yard, 7 p.m.
- Watch: AHLTV pay-per-view
- Listen: Mixlr audio
- Twitters: Alan / the Sound Tigers / the Mark Divver
- Box score: Sure (R: Dunning, Labonte; L: N.Briganti, Hejna)
- Weather report: It’s snowing and whatnot. But not like it did in St. John’s.
- Game notes: Two wins in a row for Bridgeport. Jared Coreau made 43 saves last night in Providence, and Christopher Gibson backed up. So maybe tonight’s the night, for the first time since Thanksgiving week. Or maybe it’s not. News you can use. (“Save up to $10 or more.”) The lines were shuffled, and the pairs were a bit shaken, too. They’ll shake some more tonight: Parker Wotherspoon was dealt a one-game suspension for somewhat casually, and rather inexplicably on film, spearing Trent Frederic after the second-period buzzer. That leaves Seth Helgeson as the only available lefty for tonight. (I always get a kick out of it when this team, which needed five years to get more than one righty over 40 games played, winds up this right-heavy. It has happened a few times the past few years.) Edit: Bridgeport has called up Ryan MacKinnon from Worcester, another righty.
- Meh, what else is going on: You need distraction from the Big Club’s come-from-ahead loss today? It’s Star Wars Night. Also, it’s snowing. But not like it did in St. John’s.
- RIP, Steve Martin Caro, lead singer of the Left Banke, who put out a handful of amazing songs in the mid-late ’60s. (Honestly, I link to that one assuming you know the two they named the album after, and if not, I beg you to go find them.) Belatedly noted from that, RIP, Norma Tanega and Jack Scott. And condolences to Peter Mannino and family on the loss of his dad.
- If this were a regular blog post, what word or phrase would most likely follow “More” at this point: Maybe Monday, but probably Friday.
Sound Tigers vs Providence:
Wilde banged up, per @AlanFuehring webcast. JHS still out (lower).
— Michael Fornabaio (@fornabaioctp) January 19, 2020